Would you like to start an eCommerce business utilizing WooCommerce? Need an easy-to-follow WooCommerce tutorial that is not difficult for non-geeks? Provided that this is true, you're in the correct spot.?
WooCommerce is the most widely used eCommerce plugin for WordPress. It's extremely adaptable, cost-effective, and simple to oversee, even for beginners. Be that as it may, numerous amateurs feel a little overwhelmed by the thought of setting up WooCommerce themselves. Most users are struggling to find out how to get started and what is the legitimate way to leverage WooCommerce web development services.
In this tutorial, we'll take you through step-by-step guidance to set up WooCommerce. We will also share assets, such as the best themes, and other useful resources to assist you with developing your store.
- Step 1. Getting started on WooCommerce
- Step 2. Setting up WordPress
- Step 3. Instructions to properly install and setup WooCommerce?
- Step 4. Adding and managing products in WooCommerce
- Step 5. Picking a WooCommerce template & theme
- Step 6. Installing plugins and extensions
- Step 7. Resources to help you expand your online business
Step 1.Getting started on WooCommerce
You'll need the following three things to make the WooCommerce website from scratch.
- WordPress hosting account- This is where all the files on your website will be kept.
- Domain name- This is your site's location on the web for example oodlesmarketing.com
The things listed above are not free and cost money. Sometimes beginners wonder if WooCommerce is free, why do I have to pay for these things? Well, you need to pay for these three items to create any kind of website (not just for WooCommerce).
- SSL Certificate- for safe acceptance of online payments.
?Step 2. Setting up WordPress
Most web hosting companies offer single-click WordPress installation. After installation go to the WordPress dashboard. Now before installing WooCommerce, let’s first set up simple WordPress settings.
Click on the Save changes button and you are all set to install WooCommerce.
- Go to the WordPress admin settings page and change the title of your website, and optionally have a tagline (description).
- Review the time zone and double-check the email address as this is where you’ll receive all updates from WooCommerce and password reset requests. So be sure that you’ve provided the correct information.
Step 3. Instructions to properly install and setup WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin, which makes the installation process identical to any other WordPress plugin.
- Simply visit Plugins ? Add New page in your WordPress admin and browse for WooCommerce. After installation and activation, WooCommerce will launch the WooCommerce setup wizard.
- Fill in the store setup page details and click on the continue button.
- In the next phase, you will be asked to select a payment method. By default, WooCommerce accepts payments through PayPal and Stripe. You can allow these payment methods by clicking the toggle and providing your email address to set them up or alternately set them later via WooCommerce ? Settings page.
- Next up, you'll be asked to set up shipping type. You may choose to have free shipping or to charge a flat shipping cost for different zones.
- Now you'll be prompted to install WooCommerce's recommended services. We suggest that you uncheck all of them and install when you actually need them.
That’s it! All of your settings will now be saved by the WooCommerce setup wizard, and your store will be ready to start selling.
- In the last step, you’ll be asked to install the JetPack plugin (optional). So, it's entirely up to you whether or not you want to install it.
Step 4. Adding and managing products in WooCommerce
You can either go to Products > Add New or follow the connection at the end of the setup wizard to begin setting up your online store.
- The first thing you can do is come up with a product title and a short description. Then, in the right column, click the ‘Add new product category' link. Categories make it easy for your customers to search the items on your website.
- Then scroll down to the box labelled "Product Data." Here you can add key details to your product such as product type, inventory, pricing, shipping, and other information.
Review all of the product details you've entered so far. If everything looks good, you're ready to publish this product on your website. To add more items to your website, repeat the procedure.
- ?Product images are the most useful part of a product page, don’t forget to add them. First, you need to add the main product image and then, add multiple images in the product gallery.
Step 5. Picking a WooCommerce template & theme
Thousands of online retailers compete to sell similar products. Choosing a professional design for your store has a significant impact on how customers perceive your business. Though WooCommerce can be used with any WordPress theme, we suggest using one that is WooCommerce-ready. These themes are designed especially for WooCommerce websites and will assist you in increasing sales. Your website should be unique and customer-centric while being responsive on all devices, a WooCommerce development company can help you with this.
Step 6. Installing plugins and extensions
The real power of WooCommerce comes from its extensions and add-ons. These add-ons work exactly like WordPress plugins, and they can be installed just like every other WordPress plugin.
Both WooCommerce and WordPress have thousands of plugins available. They can be used to render contact forms, landing pages, price tables, gift cards, or various other items.
Step 7. Resources to help you expand your online business
Now that your WooCommerce store is up and running, it's time to start marketing it and grow your business. More than 90% of visitors to your WooCommerce store would leave without purchasing something. Here are some resources that will help you get started with WooCommerce and expand your online store like a pro.?
That is all, we hope this guide was useful in teaching you how to set up WooCommerce. For custom WooCommerce development services, get in touch with us! Our dedicated team expertise in a result-oriented workflow that addresses every business objective.
- Create a mailing list
- Acquire More Leads
- Maintain a list and track WooCommerce users
- Become familiar with WooCommerce SEO
- Recover Sales from Abandoned Carts